
It's my birthday but I'm feeling moody.
We won today but to me, it wasn't good enough.
2 balls in 30 minutes keep haunting me.
These words corrode my confidence, make me feel like I threw away the game.
I did try hard to leave my insecurities aside when i took the court. i told myself the game was up to me to decide the winner. i trusted my team mates with all that i have. But why wasn't it enough?
I got really fluttered. Unsure about my space, unsure about my footing, and worst of all, unsure about my shooting.
How can I let myself down just standing under the pole? Why did I release the ball so early?
I know that stamina is something that I lack. That's why i pulled back to rest. But why wasn't it enough?
I need to focus on getting my balls. Doing my runs right. There is still so much i know i can do. I don't want to have to look at my partner at the end of the day, guilt-ridden.
Tomorrow better be a good day.
But for now, insomnia's in the air.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home